Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Library Loot


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

OK, so I'm a total library hog. My one and only New Year's Resolution was so check out less books in the hopes that I'd read more of the books I checked out instead of having to return them unread. I've cut down a bit, but it's still slightly out of control. How can I restrain myself? IT'S FREE!!Ugh. Rant aside, here's the list of what I've checked out this week:


BloodSucking Fiends: Christopher Moore
I've been curious to read something by Christopher Moore for awhile now. I recently heard him on NPR, and he was so charming and funny that it sort of sealed the deal.


You Suck: Christopher Moore
Well, I can't read one book without also reading it's sequel, can I? I thought not!


On the Road: Jack Kerouac I've tried to read this book at least twice, and I'm hoping I can make it through this time. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a dude book, but I'll give it another shot.


Jane Austen; The World of Her Novels: Deirdre Le Faye

Oh man, doesn't look like a made up name? Le Faye indeed. Anyway, I recently read Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and thought this one looked interesting. Here's betting I'll only read a few chapters.

Crime: Irving Welsh I loved Trainspotting (although, my god did it take awhile, and I was saying "shite" for weeks) so I thought I'd give this a go.


Kiss: Ted Dekker and Erin Healy
"When a tragic auto accident leaves Shauna McAllister's brother brain-damaged and erases her recent memories, she discovers she has a paranormal ability to steal memories from others, a capability that will either get her killed or unveil hidden sides of the very people she thought she could trust." I'm a sucker for YA paranormal stuff AND the lead character has the same name as me (though she totally spells it wrong.) I'm in!

Shadowed Summer: Saundra Mitchell
The cover looks a little cheesy, but I've heard good things. And, um, see above for how I'm a sucker.


Kick Me: Adventures in Adolescence Looks like an amusing, quick read.


Deal Breaker: Harlan Coben Katie is currently obsessed with this author, and she begged me to come with her to his book signing last week. He was pretty funny and clever, and I'm always up for a good mystery.


Plutonium Blonde:
John Zakour & Lawrence Ganem I love the pulp fiction type cover, and was super disappointed when I picked this one up that the cover is totally covered by a GIANT Link+ sticker. Boo! Still, this looks like it'll be a fun read.


Breaking the Back of Love: Echo and the Bunnymen I heart Echo, and, as my iPod is currently being retarded, I need some tunes in my car.



0 comments: