Monday, May 25, 2009

Mommywood-Tori Spelling


I was so excited when this book came out--I actually spent the $17 and bought it at Target (and for someone who frequents the library, $17 for a book is quite a splurge). Turns out, I should have just saved my money. The great thing about Spelling's first book was the candidness; she was so open about her experiences--good, bad, or completely ridiculous. I was looking forward to learning more about her life as a mother, but Mommywood ended up reading like a script from her upcoming season of Tori and Dean:Home Sweet Hollywood. While reading of her escapades, I thought to myself, "Hmm...this seems a bit staged and overdone." Lo-and-behold, I saw a commercial depicting Tori and her family in the same situations I had just read about. It just felt like a let down; it seemed as though she was pushed to write this book as a means of promoting her show. Though this book was a fast read and did provide some laughs, I was left wishing Spelling would have been more honest and, dare I say, understated?

0 comments: